Family Junior Course
Family Course is designed for parents and children aged 5 to 16 come to study in a non peak season. The course is a fantastic opportunity for parents and their children to bond, learn a new skill, make new friends from all over the world and visit a country that they have possibly never been to before.
– A minimum of 1 week English study program for both the parents and their children to learn together and be able to grasp the complexity of the English language.
– Children who have breaks between semesters, especially those who attend international schools to improve their English skills and to experience an independent life.
– Children accompanied by their parents, want to feel secure and comfortable to study and have fun where they can improve their English and keep a lot of memories with their children.
– Parents get in touch and choose suitable courses for their children not only in summer but all throughout the year as well.
Spend more time traveling to Cebu after classes.
WHY STUDY FAMILY ENGLISH COURSE IN HLA?
- This program is designed specifically with one-to-one classes for the entire timetable, children can freely engage in sports activities and self-study classes where they will either have a music class or an essay writing class.
- In addition, children are allowed to use electronic devices to contact home for their families regularly, the regulations will not be too strict.
- There will be no outdoor activities like in the Camps program.
- Students can enroll weekly if there are still rooms available.
- To satisfy student’s curiosity in English as a second language.
- To draw out maximum potential of the students in four macro-skills and usage of English in order to confidently use the language in both oral and written communication.
- To enhance students proficiency in English where they can express their own views and opinions with conviction.
Parent – Junior schedule: 3 one to one classes, 3 group classes and 1 option class (Essay Writing/ Music Class)
A. Integrated Approach
- Learning all the major skills with different teachers who are highly trained and with in-depth knowledge of the curriculum
- Classes are focused on developing students’ macro and micro skills plus the usage of English in a classroom setting
- Teachers closely monitor students’ progress through feedback
C. Outcome Based Education
- Focuses on students’ evaluation to monitor progress and feedback
- Daily and weekly feedback from the teachers is done to inform students’ achievement and things that need improvements
- Special recognition and awarding of certificates at the end of the course
– Starting Date: every Monday ( not Camp season )
– Classes are available for different levels from low beginner to proficient user.
|Daily Vocabulary Test
Parent | Junior program:
|One to One (1:1)
|The class is designed to help the student speak confidently on a variety of topics that draw on personal experience, campus-based situations, and academic content materials. This helps students develop language fluency with accuracy and natural speed.
|Group Class (GC)
|An integrated class where the teacher closely monitors students’ usage of English as well as the integration of the four major skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
|This hones learners’ ability to write standard academic English. The student will be able to state and support opinions based on their personal knowledge and experience. Also, they will be able to demonstrate their ability to communicate in writing about academic information based on what they have read and listened to.
|Group Class (GC)
|This class aids students in improving their ability to listen and understand spoken English.
|This class is designed to develop and sharpen students’ reading skills. Different passages are given and students need to answer questions related to it. This class will test students’ comprehension skills.
|Group Class (GC)
|As students come from different non-English speaking countries, students find it difficult to say the words properly. As such, there is a need for every student to learn this class which helps them improve on enunciating the words correctly and use them in real-life situations.
|Essay Writing/ Music Class
|It offers sufficient time to complete tasks guided by a teacher to monitor student’s work and performance. Students can participate in music classes to learn more vocabulary and how to use words and relieve stress after class.
Source: Happy Learning Academy – HLA