IELTS – International English Language Testing System – is a certificate necessary for people planning to study abroad at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in an English-only program or to settle abroad.
IELTS preparation course at HLA with equal understanding of all four IELTS exam skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Furthermore, the course provides students with grammar exercises and vocabulary expansion, which are co-applied in daily conversation so that students may use English confidently and fluently in life, study, and work.
– A 12-week comprehensive study program to achieve students’ target band score
– Non-native English speakers who want to polish their IELTS test
– Learners from different parts of Asia who wish to study or work abroad
WHY STUDY IELTS IN HLA?
- This course offers intensive learning sessions in every class addressing the specific learning need of each test skill.
- Students get coached and trained to take the test by every teacher on a skill-based approach.
- Feedback analyses are given by teachers based on practice tests and mock test results to closely monitor progress or skills that need to be reinforced to get the target band score by the end of the program.
- Teachers carefully outlined and highlighted students’ need improvement areas where teachers could scaffold classes to advance students’ learning in IELTS.
- Happy Learning Academy’s IELTS teaching and learning materials are selected from Cambridge, IDP, and British Council curricula according to international standards, with a clear and scientific roadmap recognized by leading prestigious educational institutions in the world.
- To ensure students have visible improvement in IELTS.
- To enhance test-taking abilities, especially on time management.
- To learn the fundamental strategies for all macro skills to achieve the target band score in IELTS.
Class structure per day: 5 one to one classes, 3 group classes and 1 self-study class (Essay Writing/ Music Class)
- General Training: is suitable for all who plan to work or settle abroad.
- Academic Training: is for those who want to study abroad at the undergraduate, master, or doctoral level or according to the organization’s specific requirements.
A. Skill-Based Focus (Competency-Based)
- Classes will be focused on developing the major skills (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking).
- Criteria are used to determine a student’s level based on the competencies set by Cambridge, British Council, and IDP to assess learners.
B. Integrated Approach
- General Skills subject will generally test how well the student does in all major skills.
- Classes are focused on developing students’ macro and micro skills, plus the usage of English in a classroom setting
- Teachers closely monitor students’ progress through feedback
D. Outcome Based Education
- Focuses on students’ evaluation to monitor progress and feedback
- Daily and weekly feedback from the teachers is done to inform students’ achievement and things that need improvements
- Special recognition and awarding of certificates at the end of the course.
- Starting Date: first Monday of every 04 weeks
- Available Period: at least 04 weeks
- Classes will be available for all students with a band score of 4.0 on the Entrance Test.
- Failure to reach a band score of 4.0 will not be able to study the REGULAR IELTS Course.
- If the student really wanted to pursue studying IELTS but failed to reach an average band score of 4, a Pre-IELTS course is available if the student gets at least an average band score of 3.5 where group classes are joined with the General English Course students.
Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
IELTS BAND SCORE
NOTE: PRE-IELTS Students may choose to proceed to the IELTS course given that they have reached an average band score of 4 for two consecutive mock tests.
|Daily Vocabulary Test
|Reading for IELTS
|The IELTS Reading class is designed to test a wide range of reading skills. These include reading for gist, reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, understanding logical arguments, and recognizing writers’ opinions, attitudes, and purpose. It also helps students to build vocabulary and covers the types of questions relevant to the test.
|Group Class (GC)
|Listening for IELTS
|The class is designed to help students to listen and understand more effectively in a wide range of situations and aid students in acquiring essential listening and communication skills. The teacher will discuss the different techniques to help the students get their target scores. A range of accents are used to reflect the international nature of English. These could be from anywhere in the English-speaking world, including the US, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland or Australia. Students should, therefore, try to get used to all of these different accents.
|Speaking for IELTS
|The class tests the student’s ability to talk about a variety of topics that will assess their fluency and coherence, lexical resource, grammatical range and accuracy, and pronunciation. This class aims to let the students be confident in using the English language as part of communication.
|Group Class (GC)
|General Skills for IELTS
|An integration of all the skills where students interact with their classes, and share opinions and ideas to advance in their studies. This tests the students to put their learnings into action through exposition, and intercommunication.
|Writing for IELTS
|The teacher aids the student on how to do IELTS writing tasks 1 and 2. Structures, organization, lexical resources, cohesive devices, paraphrasing, and other aspect of writing will be taught in class. It also helps students to state and support their opinions based on their knowledge and experience.
|Grammar for IELTS
|This is a productive skill class to help students know how and when to use active and passive voice. Also, it helps students when it comes to enhancing the usage of grammar in a sentence and how to use punctuation accordingly.
|General Skills for IELTS
|An in-depth focus on the student’s test-taking ability promotes mastery of four major skills (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) where learners can fully immerse in their test-taking skills with assessments and feedback from their teachers.
|Group Class (GC)
|Vocabulary for IELTS
|This class will help students enhance their vocabulary power for paraphrasing necessary in taking IELTS tests. It covers word meaning and word usage that helps improve students’ vocabulary range and lexical resources.
|Self – Study
|Essay Writing/ Music Class
|It offers sufficient time to complete tasks guided by a teacher to monitor student’s work and performance. Students can participate in music classes to learn more vocabulary and how to use words and relieve stress after class.
Source: Happy Learning Academy – HLA