Family and Junior Course
Understanding the important role of English for children’s future, many parents invest their budget for their children to learn English very early. In recent years, studying English in the Philippines has become popular. Parents have contacted and selected suitable courses for their children, not only in the summer but also at other times of the year. Understanding this, Happy Learning Academy – HLA has opened the English program for children – Junior English besides the Summer Camp program.
This is a course specially designed for parents who work closely with their children (Children under 15 years old) with a schedule that is not too heavy, parents have time to take care of and travel with their children. The children have their parents by their side, so they always feel secure and comfortable to study and have fun, parents can improve their English and keep a lot of memories with their children.
Every year, HLA will have a summer camp program for children from 6-16 years old to study and travel to Cebu, flexible courses of 4,6 or 8 weeks from May to August. Outside of the summer camp, HLA still accepts children under 16 years old, but the number of young students will not be as large as the summer camp.
This program is suitable for children who have breaks between semesters, especially those who attend international schools, with the goal of improving their English skills and experiencing independent life. This is also a special program at HLA that parents and children can refer to, the number of classes may change but the quality is still put on top, the children are tested for input and have time to attend. Besides, the rights of all students are the same, when the children can change classes, change courses like all other students, parents can be completely assured.
Curriculum for children:
5 one-to-one classes
- Children will have a corresponding schedule and curriculum based on their entrance level.
- Every four (4) weeks, children will take a follow-up assessment to identify who improved and who needed learning adjustments.
- The curriculum focuses primarily on English communication, developing student engagement in the classroom using hypothetical situations, and training with instructors.
Curriculum for parents:
4 one-to-one classes – 1 group class
- This special course is for parents accompanying children, schedules are constructed to be relatively comfortable. Parents can join their children participating in physical activities after school (ie. swimming, cycling, cooking and more) or explore Cebu (scuba diving, shopping, golfing, and more).
Total time required
|Every Monday except for the Summer Camp
|For all levels
|• Children: 5 one-to-one classes
• Parents: 4 one-to-one classes + 1 group class
The difference of the children’s English program – Junior English:
- This program is designed specifically with the number of one-to-one classes for the entire timetable, children can freely engage in sports activities and self-study after class time.
- In addition, children are allowed to use electronic devices to contact home for their families regularly, the regulations will not be too strict.
- There will be no outdoor activities like Summer Camp.
- Students can enroll weekly if there are still rooms available.
Source: Happy Learning Academy – HLA